Saturday, May 8, 2010

I can Jailbreak my iTouch 3G 3.1.3?

I've been wondering this for a while, and I've even considered posting a very brief blog post title "So can I jailbreak my iPod or not?", but it was answered today.

Before today, I'd searched around several times, every time coming up with people saying it was impossible to jailbreak 3G 3.1.3, that it was possible but dangerous, or that it was possible to do a tethered. With all the confusion, I decided to hold off, since I really don't even know what Jailbreaking is (as in, what it does to your iDevice, what the consequences can be if it fails, etc). Then I read the article "How To: Jailbreak Any iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad" in my Facebook feed, compliments of Grooveshark.

I haven't tried it. But I'm freaking excited. It explicitly says on the Spirit (the program) homepage that it accepts 3.1.3, any device (so 3G included), and it's untethered. The only thing that's holding me back is (A) I'm really freaking tired because I got 3 hours of sleep last night and I worked from 10-9, and more importantly, (B), my iPod is not syncing correctly, and I want to back up everything before attempting a jailbreak.

Yeah, my iPod won't sync everything. For example, I add new songs to my library, click "Sync", but they don't end up on there. My smart playlists (like "New") don't update as well, and I can't really figure out what's wrong. But then I haven't looked into it.

Still, it's exciting. My eyes got so big when I happened to catch that story in my FB feed. I'm definitely going to do it, probably even bumping it up to my top Summer priorities. (I have a list. Half of it is video games.) As soon as I get get iTunes to work like it was designed.

Soon to be free,
-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment