Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Requirements for my netbook distro

In my brief hunt (which ended with the first candidate) for a new OS for my netbook, I made a list of features, mostly programs that I wanted it to have. So here they are, in order of priority:

SUPER HIGH

  • Chrom(e)(ium)
  • GIMP
  • Dropbox

HIGH

  • Java+Flash
  • VNC
  • Abiword
  • Pidgin/Ayttm/...
NOT SO HIGH
  • PCmanFM/[Not Nautlilus]
  • Banshee/Songbird/[Something with DAAP]
  • NTFS read+write

Of course this is all on top of things like Wifi, Screen resolution, working sound, FN+special keys, and so forth.

The nice thing is that I've basically gotten rid of the need for keeping files. All the files I want to keep, I put on another disk, so I can literally install a distro then grab the programs I want, and everythings kewl, especially with Foxmarks for Chrome and Dropbox.

Searching...
-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment