Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Google Chrome Crashes

One of the things that Google Chrome boasts proudly about is that every tab is its own process so that if one tab crashes, the others are ok. Sounds great, but I haven't really experienced that. I have experienced the whole "This page is not responding", which I do like, except I've also experienced the whole "Oh no! Google Chrome has crashed!" error. All of Chrome crashed, and I lost all my tabs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to say that Chrome is bad because of it, I'm just going to say that this just places Chrome on the same level as Firefox in terms of that. As much as it sounds lovely for every tab to be independent of each other, this just doesn't seem to be the case.

Or maybe it's because Chrome is still a little faulty itself. I would definitely have to say that Firefox is more stable, which is why I tend to have Firefox as my main browser on my machines, even if I have Chrome installed as a backup (or Midori on Linux).

I still love Google Chrome, I'm just a tad disappointed in Google. Usually, they aren't one for promising something and not following through. (That's Microsoft's job.) Even so, I will definitely continue to use Chrome/ium until I find a secondary browser that's better (like maybe Midori), or until they fix all the kinks, in which case Chrome/ium may indeed be my primary.

Oh Snap!
-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment