Saturday, September 4, 2010

Installer Collector

Am I the only one who keeps installers? Right now, I have a folder in my Downloads folder that is 2.7GB and contains 522 files, all installers to programs I've installed in the past or do have installed. I think there's three reasons: 1. When I started FreewareWire, I wanted to keep track of every freeware I'd used; 2. I like having every installer available to me on my disk, so if an installation goes wrong or even if I have to reinstall my OS, I can quickly install all my programs again; and (3) I've seen one too many freeware programs go shareware or just abandoned, and I like to make sure I have an installer/zip for it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd get that out there. I just went through and sorted all of them, whilst watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles by renaming them to a certain format (*Program Name*_setup-*XX.YY*.zip/exe) and it's now completely sorted, but it really made me think, "Iiiiiii must be insane."

Craaaaaaazy,
-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment