Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dropbox: still the resource hog on Linux

I do love Dropbox, I swear. But sometimes, I just start to shake my head. Like now, for instance, when it uses 30+% of CPU and Xorg uses 30+% of my CPU, then my system slows down to a crawl, I just kinda shake my head.

In any case, it's been a decent changeover, I think; it's been a tad annoying because I tried merging some folders like "Bry Pictures" to just "Pictures", and Dropbox doesn't see what I did there. So it thinks the files are in two locations and tries to sync both of them, so right now my account is overdrawn. I really can't blame Dropbox though, because it's hard to keep track of the user moving gigs of data and seeing where it went....but I still wish it would just realize that "Bry Pictures" doesn't exist anymore, so it can delete it on my account.

All in all though, I'm so much more grateful that Dropbox decides to double sync instead of just remove them both. It's annoying to have to manually delete both on the website, but then I don't rename my folders alot so hopefully this won't happen often.

-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment