Monday, June 27, 2011

My Steam Desktop

I know I said I was taking a vacation, but I booted into Windows a few times to play some games (finally beat Overlord!) and to be frank, Android -both on my phone and on my tablet- has been annoying the HELL out of me, so I decided to take a few minutes to create a little "Steam-esque" desktop. Nothing fancy, just a few tweaks like a theme to make my desktop look more towards the Steam sort of thing. It makes sense, since my other Win7 profile is torched since I moved the profile folder onto an EXT4 partition, and so I created a whole profile just for using Steam. The profile, by the way, is named "Steampunk," so that might explain the gears and other things.

So without any further introduction, here's a nifty little slideshow, which I believe you can click and it will show some little nifty images if you feel so inclined. I'm going to try to give all credit where I can, but if I miss an icon here or there, please don't be upset.



The coolest part is that I've tried to keep from using the taskbar completely, being able to minimize to Rocketdock and using Svift to launch any applications not in the dock. I've had a few problems with Rocketdock only minimizing certain applications, but it's still a cool concept. There's still a few other things, like sometimes the taskbar still reserves screen space even when it's hid, and I haven't made a good theme for the date applet yet.

Here's a (hopefully) comprehensive list of everything:
 I think it's pretty sweet. I've spent way too much time that I should, since I've been trying to cut back on using the computer and this.....well, isn't cutting back. But in any case, it was a fun project and hopefully now I can put it aside, play some Steam games, and stay off my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment