I've been forced to use Windows since my Linux install is out of commission and I haven't had the time to fix it, but the internet has been painfully slow. I scanned for viruses and spyware, cleaned the registry, checked the DNS on my router and network settings, and did all the standard stuff, but no fix. Then today, I loaded up a Jupiter Broadcasting video. It took several minutes to load the page, but when I pressed play, I noticed that it loaded very quickly, which made me realize that it wasn't the data speed, it must be the DNS.
It turns out while I had set the DNS to "auto" for IPv4, I had not for IPv6. Switching that immediately made web browsing pleasurable again. I didn't write down the DNS that was in that field so I'm not sure if it was the DNS that I use (Google DNS) or perhaps some spyware got in there and changed it. I'm going to hope it's the first one so that I was not tracked for all this time. I guess I've just learned not to define the DNS in your router and your network settings.