Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And now, a brief intermission

I really try not to let my personal life spill into this blog (not that I have enough exciting things happen to spill), but I figure this is my diary and so I might as well post it here. A few days ago, I was riding my bike, trying to work up the endurance to start riding to school instead of taking the bus, and I took a nasty spill and landed on my clavicle. I just went to an orthopedic surgeon today and after taking a look at the x-rays, he strongly suggested surgery, since it was broken into 4 pieces. So yeah, that's going to be fun.

Yeah, not exactly the most nerdy or interesting thing to read on the internet, but it's kind of a big deal for me anyway: first broken bone and first surgery. So if you're religious, say a prayer for me, or if you're just nerdy, do a quick reboot....or something....

[UPDATE 06-04-2012]
For the sake of closure, surgery went fine, although I had a reaction to the anesthesia and had to rush back to the ER later that night. But my arm is doing well. Got some pain meds and a huge scar, but I should be back at 100% in a matter of weeks.

-Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment