Friday, May 18, 2012

The Qweex Locale Translator

One of the changes I've been implementing in almost all of my freeware is the ability to support user-changeable locale. But more than that, a very easy way to help people translate: an INI file layed out as such:
 I've never actually had someone translate yet, but I haven't exactly released much of my freeware that has the support yet. But in order to make it even simpler, last night I wrote the Qweex Locale Translator! It is just a list of all the phrases and their translations, side by side, so you just double click on an entry, type in the translation, hit enter, and boom! It's automatically saved to the file

I'm hoping that, if I ever get people wanting to translate, they can just download this tool and start translating in seconds. Plus it really wasn't that hard to write. (The hardest part was trying to get the Image Buttons working on both 64 and 32 bit). As you can see, it uses as little text as possible, because I really didn't want to have to have a translation for the translator.

I'm not going to publish it just quite yet, until I can get some of my other apps' latest versions out the door, and for that, I'm kind of stuck waiting for some good graphics. But as soon as I find them, there will be a flood of updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment